Sale of land, Writtle, Essex
Scope and Contents
Whereas King Edward VI by letters patent dated 8 May 1549 granted to William Berners of Thoby, Essex, and George Watte of Writtell certain land in Writtell lately belonging to the Chantry of St John the Baptist in Writtle now dissolved to them and their heirs for ever to the use of William Berners and his heirs for ever to hold of the King's manor of East Greenwich, Kent, in free socage; William Berners and John Watte sell the land to John Borell of Writtell and Agnes his wife, to them and the heirs of John Borell for ever; they appoint Thomas Welde senior and John Carter junior their attorneys to deliver seisin. On the back is a certificate of delivery of seisin. Witnesses: Michael Taverner, John Wood, William Wolmer John Wood senior, son of John Wood, Michael Huchen, John Gervys, Francis Taverner. Two seals are attached.
- 20 June 1549
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
1 item(s) (vellum) : vellum
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Presented by Mrs Charles Williamson of Kempton, Bedfordshire, 20 April 1915
- Language of description
- Script of description