Skip to main content

Ponteix 1955

Reference Code: GBR/0115/RCS/Y30685B

Scope and Contents

Typescript history of Ponteix, 24 pages, illustrated with prints chiefly 130 x 90 mm, some copied from early photographs of the area. Ponteix was founded by Father Albert Royer, under the name of Notre Dame d'Auvergne, in 1908, but received its present name, that of Father Royer's home town in France, in 1914, after its site had been moved. This history was one of a large number of local accounts prepared to celebrate the fiftieth anniversary of the Province of Saskatchewan in 1955. The illustrations are not captioned, but in some cases a title on the original picture is still visible. Other captions, in square brackets, are derived from the text.


  • Creation: 1955

Conditions Governing Access

Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (


15 item(s) (15 images)

Language of Materials


Related Materials

For another collection of photographs celebrating the fiftieth anniversary of Saskatchewn see Y30685A.


This collection level description was entered by SG using information from the original typescript catalogue.



Includes index.
2003-12-16 16:08:11+00:00
Language of description
Script of description

Repository Details

Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository

Cambridge University Library
West Road
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom