Papers on the West Building, 1955 - 1956
Scope and Contents
Correspondence with the Admiralty; H.M. Dockyard, Chatham; the Hydrographer of the Navy; and others, with additional papers, regarding the Time Department and Nautical Almanac Building (the 'West Building'). The papers include five drawings from Thorn Electrical Industries Limited, Atlas Lighting Division:
1. Drawing of details of the proposed lighting fittings for the control room, 16 April 1956.
2. Drawing of the proposed lighting for the control room showing details of the louvre frame, 25 April 1956.
3. Drawing of details of channels for louvres for the proposed lighting of the control room, 16 April 1956.
4. Drawing of details of the proposed lighting for the control room, 30 April 1956.
5. Drawing of details of the louvre fin for the proposed lighting fitting for the control room, 16 April 1956.
- 1955 - 1956
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
1 bundle(s) (1 bundle)
Language of Materials
Former / Other Reference
Finding aid date
- From the Series: Jones, Harold Spencer, Sir, 1890 - 1960 (Knight, astronomer) (Person)