Correspondence on the 30-inch telescope, 1946 - 1960
Scope and Contents
Correspondence regarding the 30-inch telescope. The letters include correspondence with Sir Howard Grubb, Parsons and Co. Ltd regarding the Coude spectrograph for the 30-inch telescope, 1960. There is also correspondence between Cox, Hargreaves and Thomson Ltd and the Royal Greenwich Observatory regarding the 30-inch reflector mounting, 1947-1957, including the following items:
1. Report on the state of the 30-inch reflector on 23 March 1956.
2. Correspondence regarding a S.K.E.F.K.O. ball bearing from the S.K.F. Ball Bearing Company, Gothenburg, Sweden, for the 30-inch reflector telescope, 1955.
3. Specification for the 30-inch reflector mounting drawn up by R. Atkinson, 1953.
4. Tender for an equatorial mounting for the 30-inch reflector from Cox, Hargreaves and Thomson Ltd, 1950.
5. Correspondence with Knight Instruments regarding the refiguring of the parabolic mirror for the Royal Observatory, 1947.
- 1946 - 1960
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
1 bundle(s) (1 bundle)
Language of Materials
Former / Other Reference
Finding aid date
- From the Series: Jones, Harold Spencer, Sir, 1890 - 1960 (Knight, astronomer) (Person)