Correspondence with societies, 1900 - 1937
Scope and Contents
(1) Correspondence with miscellaneous societies, 1900-1923, including the British Astronomical Association, regarding lectures for 1917; Royal Geographical Society, regarding a geodetic survey, 1923; Optical Convention, regarding a visit to the Royal Observatory, schedules, agenda, etc., 1912; and the Optical Society, regarding the Optical Standards Committee and the Optical Convention, 1900-1904.
(2) Correspondence with miscellaneous societies, 1913-1916, including the Mexican Astronomical Society; Edinburgh Royal Mathematical Association; Mathematical Association, London Branch; British Science Guild; Royal Society of Edinburgh; Russian Astronomical Society; and Royal Astronomical Society of Canada.
(3) Correspondence with miscellaneous societies, 1914-1925, including the Technical Committee of the Optical Convention; Astronomical and Astrophysical Society of America; Mathematical Association, London Branch; American Astronomical Society; Belgian Astronomical Society; Royal Society of Edinburgh; Royal Geographical Society; National Committee for Geodesy and Geophysics; British Astronomical Association; and Astronomical Society of the Pacific.
(4) Correspondence with miscellaneous societies, 1924-1929, including the Royal Geographical Society; Optical Society; and British Horological Institute.
(5) Miscellaneous correspondence with the British Astronomical Association, 1930-1937, regarding the design of the Walter Goodacre Medal, disputes, the annual dinner, comments on papers submitted, membership applications, the printing of the Journal and the stock of publications.
- 1900 - 1937
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact email@example.com. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
1 bundle(s) (1 bundle)
Language of Materials
Former / Other Reference
Finding aid date
- American Astronomical Society
- Astronomical Society of the Pacific
- Belgian Astronomical Society
- British Astronomical Association
- British Horological Institute
- British Science Guild
- Edinburgh Royal Mathematical Association
- Mathematical Association
- Mexican Astronomical Society
- National Committee for Geodesy and Geophysics
- Optical Society
- Royal Astronomical Society of Canada
- Royal Geographical Society
- Royal Society of Edinburgh
- Russian Astronomical Society
- From the Series: Dyson, Frank Watson, Sir, 1868 - 1939 (Knight, astronomer) (Person)