Papers on the South East Dome, 1890 - 1896
Scope and Contents
Correspondence concerning the expenses of the Astronomer Royal and a claim from Cooke and Son for part payment for the construction of the South East Dome, 1893.
Correspondence on the dismantling of the South East Dome, applications for tenders, tenders, and letters of acceptance, 1891.
Sir Howard Grubb's plans for the machinery in the Dome, 1891.
Notes and memoranda concerning the South East Dome, 1890-1893.
Printed copy of a paper by Christie extracted from the 'Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society', May 1891, titled 'On the New Dome at Greenwich'.
Extract from 'The Times', 14 October 1892.
Loose papers and plans (in a pocket at the back of the volume):
1. 'Proposed new cistern to supply water clock in Great Equatorial Dome', 1896.
2. 'Site Elevation - Gear for moving of shutter of 36ft Dome', 1892.
3. 'Plan of top rollers for shutter', 1891.
4. 'Gearing for revolving Lassell Dome'.
5. 'Plan of bottom rollers for shutter', 1891.
6. 'Details of shutter top - connection of top rail'.
- 1890 - 1896
Conditions Governing Access
1 volume(s) (1 volume)
Language of Materials