Papers on magnetic instruments, 1886 - 1913
Scope and Contents
Correspondence with Troughton and Simms concerning the repair of the declination magnet theodolite, 1892.
Correspondence with A. Reuker concerning the design of declination magnets, 1898.
Correspondence with the Kew Observatory concerning the supply of a unifilax magnetometer to the Royal Observatory, 1890-1891.
Correspondence with Samuel Courtauld and Co. Ltd. on the purchase of silk thread for suspending magnets, 1909.
Memoranda concerning magnetic instruments and their use, 1886-1902, including:
1. 'Readings of Magnet Thermometers', 1886.
2. 'A table showing the temperature of the Magnetic Basement', 1886.
3. 'Observations to determine the effect of the Elliot Declinometers upon a dip needle at different distances', 1896.
4. 'Elliot Instrument (75)'.
5. 'Upper Declination Magnet'.
6. 'Vertical face damper'.
Correspondence with the Admiralty, Cambridge Scientific Instrument Co. and Troughton and Simms concerning the supply of a dip inductor, 1911-1913.
Correspondence with E. Dent and Co. concerning the supply of two new driving clocks for magnetometers, 1910-1911.
Drawings of magnetographs, 1910-1911:
1. 'Magnet system and compensation bar for vertical force'.
2. 'Recording arrangements in Magnet Room', 11 September 1914.
3. 'Magnetograph - Vertical force'.
4. 'Vertical force Magnetograph Recorder for 1904 August'.
5. 'Magnetograph Vertical force instrument'.
- 1886 - 1913
Conditions Governing Access
1 bundle(s) (1 bundle)
Language of Materials