Papers on staff annual leave, 1879 - 1909
Scope and Contents
List of the number of days of leave of absence allowed to Royal Observatory staff each year, 1903.
List of the number of days of leave of absence allowed to Royal Observatory staff each year, 1909.
List of the number of leave days carried forward for the years 1905-1909.
General order on revised scales of sick leave, 1912.
Memorandum on leave arrangements for Royal Observatory staff, 1898.
Applications from Royal Observatory staff for leave of absence and sick leave, and some cases of compassionate leave, 1879-1902. The correspondents are G. Criswick, A. Downing, E. Dunkin, W. Ellis, H.P. Hollis, W.T. Lynn, E.W. Maunder, C. Nash, J. Simmons, H.H. Turner, W.G. Thackeray and W.G. Wickison.
Extract from a newspaper, 23 June 1881, titled 'Extracts from a report of proceedings - House of Lords'.
- 1879 - 1909
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
1 bundle(s) (1 bundle)
Language of Materials
Former / Other Reference
Finding aid date
- Downing, Arthur Matthew Weld, 1850 - 1917 (Superintendent of the Nautical Almanac)
- Dunkin, Edwin, 1821 - 1898 (astronomer)
- Ellis, William, 1828 - 1916 (astronomer)
- Lynn, William Thynne, 1835 - 1911 (assistant at Royal Observatory)
- Maunder, Edward Walter, 1851 - 1928 (astronomer)
- Thackeray, William Grasett, 1936 (assistant at Royal Observatory)
- Turner, Herbert Hall, 1861 - 1930 (astronomer and seismologist)
- From the Management Group: Royal Greenwich Observatory (Organization)
Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository
Cambridge University Library
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom
Map Dept enquiries: email@example.com
all other enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org