Correspondence on chronometers, 1859 - 1865
Scope and Contents
Correspondence on the workings of, repairs to, ratings of, and transactions involving chronometers. The volume includes papers on the Westminster Clock and Bell; addresses of chronometer makers; printed papers about Jurgensen and Sons, chronometer makers; new balance springs, 1859-1864; trials and ratings of chronometers for the Indian Store Department; a report on chronometers used aboard HMS 'Hecate'; and a letter by J. Rodwell Hux on the history of horology. The correspondents include C.A.F. Peters, J. Washington, C.F.A. Shadwell, A. de Morgan, G.H. Richards and J.W. Lubbock.
- 1859 - 1865
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact email@example.com. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
1 volume(s) (1 volume)
Language of Materials
Former / Other Reference
Finding aid date
- Lubbock, John William, Sir, 1803 - 1865 (3rd Baronet, astronomer and banker)
- Morgan, Augustus de, 1806 - 1871 (mathematician)
- Peters, Christian August Friedrich, 1806 - 1880 (astronomer)
- Richards, George Henry, Sir, 1820 - 1896 (Knight, naval officer and hydrographer)
- Washington, John, 1800 - 1863 (Rear Admiral, hydrographer)