Correspondence on planetary reductions, 1838 - 1847
Scope and Contents
Correspondence on planetary reductions, including official correspondence with the Government on grants for the reductions and accounts of money paid to computers. There are also reductions of Irish tide observations and accounts and receipts of wages paid out. The correspondents include J. Phillips, J.F.W. Herschel, Viscount Althorp, S.P. Rigaud, T. Spring-Rice, J. Barrow, J.W. Lubbock, F. Beaufort, J. Glaisher and E. Sabine.
- 1838 - 1847
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
1 archive box(es) (1 box)
Language of Materials
Former / Other Reference
Finding aid date
- Beaufort, Francis, Sir, 1774 - 1857 (Knight, Rear Admiral and hydrographer)
- Glaisher, James, 1809 - 1903 (astronomer)
- Herschel, John Frederick William, Sir, 1792 - 1871 (Knight, astronomer)
- Lubbock, John William, Sir, 1803 - 1865 (3rd Baronet, astronomer and banker)
- Phillips, John, 1800 - 1874 (geologist)
- Sabine, Edward, Sir, 1788 - 1883 (Knight, army officer and physicist)