Correspondence on scientific institutes, 1852 - 1854
Scope and Contents
Correspondence concerning various scientific institutes, giving notification of rules, meetings, reports, agendas and other matters. The correspondents include E.W. Brayley, M. Faraday, Lord Rosse, E. Sabine, W. Whewell, Lord Wrottesley and J. Yates. The papers also includes minutes of the council of the British Association and a copy of the lecture given by Airy at the Royal Institution 'On the results of recent calculations on the Eclipse of Thales and other eclipses connected with it'.
- 1852 - 1854
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact email@example.com. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
1 archive box(es) (1 box)
Language of Materials
Former / Other Reference
Finding aid date
- British Association for the Advancement of Science
- Faraday, Michael, 1791 - 1867 (natural philosopher)
- Parsons, William, 1800 - 1867 (3rd Earl of Rosse, astronomer)
- Sabine, Edward, Sir, 1788 - 1883 (Knight, army officer and physicist)
- Whewell, William, 1794 - 1866 (Master of Trinity College, Cambridge)
- Wrottesley, John, 1798 - 1867 (2nd Baron Wrottesley, landowner and astronomer)