Sheepshanks' correspondence on standards, 1838 - 1855
Scope and Contents
Richard Sheepshanks' correspondence with Airy, F. Baily, Sir J.F.W. Herschel, T. Maclear and W.H. Miller concerning standards and the Standards Commission.
- 1838 - 1855
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
1 archive box(es) (1 box)
Language of Materials
Former / Other Reference
Finding aid date
- Baily, Francis, 1774 - 1844 (stockbroker and astronomer)
- Herschel, John Frederick William, Sir, 1792 - 1871 (Knight, astronomer)
- Maclear, Thomas, Sir, 1794 - 1879 (Knight, astronomer)
- Miller, William Hallowes, 1801 - 1880 (mineralogist)
- Sheepshanks, Richard, 1794 - 1855 (astronomer)
- Standards Commission