Correspondence on comets, 1848 - 1852
Scope and Contents
Correspondence on comets observed between 1848 and 1852, including Graham's Comet (1849); Goujon's Comet (1849); Bond's Comet (1850); Fayé's and Brorsen's Comet (1850); and Biela's Comet (1852). The correspondents include A. Graham, J.R. Hind, E.J. Cooper and H.C. Schumacher on ephemerides, observations, positions of comets and various texts. There are circulars from H.C. Schumacher, A.C. Peterson, P.A. Secchi and B.A. Gould, and the Cape of Good Hope observations of the Great Comet of 1843. The volume also includes papers on the award of, and procedure for, the King of Denmark's cometary medal.
- 1848 - 1852
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact email@example.com. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
1 volume(s) (1 volume)
Language of Materials
Former / Other Reference
Finding aid date
- Cooper, Edward Joshua, 1798 - 1863 (landowner and astronomer)
- Gould, Benjamin Apthorp, 1824 - 1896 (astronomer)
- Graham, Andrew, 1815 - 1908 (astronomer)
- Hind, John Russell, 1823 - 1895 (astronomer)
- Schumacher, Heinrich Christian, 1780 - 1850 (astronomer)
- Secchi, Pietro Angelo, 1818 - 1878 (astronomer)