Scope and Contents
1. Letter from A. Sheppard, 12 February 1771, giving the dates of commencement of university terms.
2. A balance of payments, 30 October 1810.
3. Account between Maskelyne and the Board of Longitude, 6 October 1810.
4. Note for Mrs Edwards, a comparer, relating to some observations.
5. Dates on which pieces for the 1816 'Nautical Almanac' were received from the computers, 1810-1811.
6. A letter to John Crosley, 15 October 1810, noting various computations to be performed.
7. List of dates to be computed for the 'Nautical Almanac' by John Pascoe, 1799-1808, Nicholas James, 1806-1808, and Henry Andrews, 1806-1808.
8. Account of John Crosley's work, 15 January 1811.
9. Alterations in the dates on which Oxford University terms begin and end, from Mr Bensley.
10. A letter from Abram Robertson, May 1809, giving dates of Oxford University terms.
11. Note of work received for the 'Nautical Almanac', 1810.
12. Predictions of astronomical events for 1815, made in 1810.
13 A receipt from Mrs Edwards, Ludlow, Herefordshire, 4 April 1786, for repairs made to a reflecting telescope.
14. Work for the 1816 'Nautical Almanac' due in, and a note of payment to Mary Edwards.
15. The rates of pay for comparers and computers.
16. Maskelyne's account with the Board of Longitude, 1809-1810.
- 1771 - 1811
Conditions Governing Access
1 volume(s) (1 volume)
Language of Materials
Finding aid date
- From the Series: Maskelyne, Nevil, 1732 - 1811 (astronomer and mathematician) (Person)