Papers on the Observatory's condition, 1726 - 1775
Scope and Contents
Various loose papers on the condition of the Royal Observatory.
1. Report from the Royal Society committee on the refurbishment of the Observatory, 26 May 1726, including accounts.
2. Report from the Royal Society committee on the refurbishment of the Observatory, 26 May 1726, including accounts.
3. Letter on the poor condition of the equatorial instruments and the employment of Jesse Ramsden to effect their repair, 5 October 1775, with the autographs of Henry Cavendish and Nevil Maskelyne.
4. Letter from Jesse Ramsden, 13 October 1775, regarding the improvements and faults to be rectified in the equatorial sector.
- 1726 - 1775
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
1 envelope(s) (1 envelope)
Language of Materials
Finding aid date
- From the Series: Maskelyne, Nevil, 1732 - 1811 (astronomer and mathematician) (Person)