Calculations of stellar positions, 1753 - 1811
Scope and Contents
Various calculations from observations, primarily of the stars.
1. Mean right ascensions and north polar distances of the stars compared to the comet of 1807-1808.
2. Table of the position of the comet of 1807-1808 by Dr Brinkby.
3. Calculations of refractions of the stars in James Bradley's observations, 1753-1762.
4. Computation for star corrections for several stars, 1808-1809.
5. Elements for star corrections for several stars, 1808-1809.
6. Elements of aberration in north polar distance for circumpolar stars.
7. Calculations for the Sun reduced to the solstice, 1809-1810.
8. Elements of the 1811 comet.
- 1753 - 1811
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
1 volume(s) (1 volume)
Language of Materials
Former / Other Reference
Finding aid date
- From the Series: Maskelyne, Nevil, 1732 - 1811 (astronomer and mathematician) (Person)