Computations for the Sun, Moon and planets, 1762 - 1768
Scope and Contents
Computations of the positions of the Sun, Moon and planets performed by William Bayly and Reuben Burrow from observations taken when Nathaniel Bliss was Astronomer Royal.
1. The Sun's right ascension and declination, clock errors, and longitude and latitude derived from observations and Johann Mayer's tables for 11 May 1765 to 10 May 1767.
2. Moon's right ascension and declination, clock errors, and longitude and latitude derived from observations and Mayer's tables for 31 May 1765 to 10 May 1767.
3. The planets' right ascensions and declinations, clock errors and longitude and latitude derived from observations and Edmond Halley or Mayer's tables for 19 August 1765 to 23 December 1766.
4. Further calculations for the Moon, updated to 7 June 1768.
5. Further calculations for the Sun, updated to 23 January 1768.
6. Transits of the Sun, Moon and planets from which clock errors are deduced, 27 August 1762 - 2 March 1765.
7. List of planets observed, 1762-1765.
- 1762 - 1768
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
1 volume(s) (1 volume)
Language of Materials
Former / Other Reference
Finding aid date
- From the Series: Maskelyne, Nevil, 1732 - 1811 (astronomer and mathematician) (Person)
Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository
Cambridge University Library
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom
Map Dept enquiries: email@example.com
all other enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org