Computations for the Sun, Moon and planets, 1762 - 1765
Scope and Contents
Computations of the positions of the Sun, Moon and planets. The calculations were performed by Reuben Burrow between 24 August 1762 and 3 March 1765.
1. Sun's declination and obliquity.
2. Computation of the Sun's longitude and latitude from right ascension and declination as compared with 'Connaissance des Temps'.
3. Computation of the Sun's longitude from Johann Mayer's tables.
4. Mean times of the meridian transits of the Moon.
5. Mean times of the meridian transits of the planets.
6. Rough calculations which, according to the 19th century cover label, are of planets' places from Edmond Halley's tables.
- 1762 - 1765
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact email@example.com. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
1 volume(s) (1 volume)
Language of Materials
Former / Other Reference
Finding aid date
- From the Series: Maskelyne, Nevil, 1732 - 1811 (astronomer and mathematician) (Person)