Printed lunar tables, 1722 - 1739
Scope and Contents
Printed book of lunar tables, including:
1. Tables for the right ascension of the Moon, with the computed error for 1722-1725 inclusive.
2. Tables of the Moon's longitude, 1725-1739. Various years have been duplicated and copied. There is also a small grocery bill.
3. Computations concerning a hyperbola, in Latin.
4. Letter covering the computations undertaken by Gael Morris on Halley's observations, 25 December 1739.
5. Laws and equations relating to the hyperbola, written in Latin, missing part of the transcript.
6. Table and calculations of an eclipse of the Sun.
- 1722 - 1739
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
1 volume(s) (1 volume)
Language of Materials
Former / Other Reference
Finding aid date
- From the Series: Halley, Edmond, 1656 - 1742 (astronomer) (Person)
Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository
Cambridge University Library
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom
Map Dept enquiries: email@example.com
all other enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org