Memorandum on a visit to Tongking, circa 1876
Scope and Contents
An undated and probably incomplete memorandum [by Sir Daniel Brooke Robertson] concerning a visit to Tongking, [4-]14 April , including descriptions of Haiphong, Hanoi, and trading activity, and referring to Marie Dupré, Jean Dupuis, Marie Garnier, Paul Puginier, and Alexandre Le Jumeau de Kergaradec.
- circa 1876
Conditions Governing Access
Any person wishing to consult the collection must obtain written permission from Matheson and Co. Ltd, 3 Lombard Street, London, EC3V 9AQ. Applicants may submit their request using the standard Jardine Matheson letter of application, which is available from the Manuscripts Reading Room and via the University Library web pages at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf. They should state specifically on the form that they desire access to the Parkes Papers.
16 item(s) (16 bifolios + 1 folio (tied together))
1 folio(s) (16 bifolios + 1 folio (tied together))
Language of Materials
- Dupré, Marie Jules, 1813-1881 (French naval officer and colonial administrator)
- Dupuis, Jean, 1829-1912 (conqueror of Tongking)
- Garnier, Marie Joseph François, 1839-1873 (French naval officer and traveller)
- Kergaradec, Alexandre Camille Jules Marie Le Jumeau de, 1841-1894 (Comte de Kergaradec, French naval officer and colonial administrator)
- Puginier, Paul François, 1835-1892 (Bishop of Maurocastrum)
- Robertson, Sir Daniel Brooke, d 1881 (Knight, diplomat)
- From the Fonds: Parkes, Sir Harry Smith, 1828-1885 (Knight, diplomat) (Person)