Despatches concerning Parkes' services, 1852-1861
Scope and Contents
Despatches and some letters concerning Parkes' services. The principal correspondents are Sir (Samuel) George Bonham; Sir John Bowring; Sir Frederick Bruce; James Bruce, Earl of Elgin and Kincardine; and George Villiers, Earl of Clarendon.
Conditions Governing Access
Any person wishing to consult the collection must obtain written permission from Matheson and Co. Ltd, 3 Lombard Street, London, EC3V 9AQ. Applicants may submit their request using the standard Jardine Matheson letter of application, which is available from the Manuscripts Reading Room and via the University Library web pages at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf. They should state specifically on the form that they desire access to the Parkes Papers.
1 bundle(s) (1 bundle)
Language of Materials
- Bonham, Sir Samuel George, 1803-1863 (1st Baronet, colonial governor)
- Bowring, Sir John, 1792-1872 (Knight, diplomat and politician)
- Bruce, James, 1811-1863 (8th Earl of Elgin and 12th Earl of Kincardine)
- Bruce, Sir Frederick William Adolphus, 1814-1867 (Knight, diplomat)
- Villiers, George William Frederick, 1800-1870 (4th Earl of Clarendon and politician)
- From the Fonds: Parkes, Sir Harry Smith, 1828-1885 (Knight, diplomat) (Person)