Correspondence on the Bangkok-Korat Railway, 1891-1900
Scope and Contents
Correspondence (including press copies) and related papers regarding the Bangkok-Korat Railway, Siam, including the position of George Murray Campbell, November 1893, February-March 1894 and July 1900. Most of the letters are from J.J. Keswick, Hong Kong and Shanghai, to William Keswick, London. The related documents are as follows:
1. An envelope containing an undertaking by Jardine, Matheson & Co. to guarantee the due performance of a contract by G.M. Campbell for the construction of a railway between Bangkok and Korat for the Siamese Government, dated London, 9 December 1891.
2. A contract between G.M. Campbell, railway contractor, and William Keswick, on behalf of Jardine, Matheson & Co., regarding the construction and equipment of the Bangkok-Korat Railway, 30 March 1892.
3. The account current of G. Murray Campbell with the Bangkok-Korat Railway, January 1892-June 1893.
4. A statement of the suspense account for the Bangkok-Korat Railway, 30 June 1893.
5. A balance sheet for the Bangkok-Korat Railway, 30 June 1893.
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is subject to special conditions and is at the discretion of Matheson & Co. Ltd, part of the Jardine Matheson Group. A statement of the conditions and an application form are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room. Printed copies of the form are available by post (please contact the University Library). An electronic version can also be found at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf.
Records described in the catalogue as being in a bad condition are in a fragile state that precludes them being made available to readers.
Access to some records may be restricted under the terms of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
1 bundle(s) (1 bundle)
Language of Materials