Extracts from business correspondence, circa 1939 (copies of originals of 1887-1939)
Scope and Contents
Typescript copies of letters regarding a wide range of business interests in China, Japan, Russia and elsewhere, 1887-1939 (mostly 1903-1911). The correspondents are John Bell-Irving, C.W. Dickson, W.J. Gresson, Sir R.W.B. Jardine, Henry Keswick, J.J. Keswick, David Landale, William Keswick, John Macgregor and C.H. Ross. There is no indication of when the folder was compiled. It is labelled on the front cover 'No 23. Extracts of interest from S/o Correspondence &c'.
- circa 1939 (copies of originals of 1887-1939)
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is subject to special conditions and is at the discretion of Matheson & Co. Ltd, part of the Jardine Matheson Group. A statement of the conditions and an application form are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room. Printed copies of the form are available by post (please contact the University Library). An electronic version can also be found at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf.
Records described in the catalogue as being in a bad condition are in a fragile state that precludes them being made available to readers.
Access to some records may be restricted under the terms of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
1 folder(s) (1 folder)
Language of Materials
- Dickson, Charles Wedderburn, 1863-1934 (merchant)
- Gresson, William Jardine, 1869-1934 (businessman)
- Irving, John Bell-, 1888-1960 (Major)
- Jardine, Sir Robert William Buchanan, 1868-1927 (2nd Baronet)
- Keswick, Henry, 1870-1928 (businessman)
- Keswick, James Johnstone, 1845-1914 (merchant)
- Keswick, William, 1834-1912 (merchant)
- Landale, David, 1868-1935 (businessman)
- Macgregor, John, 1841-1893 (businessman)
- Ross, Charles Henderson, 1864-1919 (businessman)