Private and confidential letters from Tokyo to Hong Kong, 1949-1955
Scope and Contents
Copies of private and confidential letters from Jardine Matheson, Tokyo, to Jardine Matheson, Hong Kong, with enclosed letters and papers. The correspondents are I.F. Aucott, R. Gordon, J.H. Keswick, D.F. Landale, G.L. Marshall, F.A. Pollock, M.L. Railton and E.F. Watts.
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is subject to special conditions and is at the discretion of Matheson & Co. Ltd, part of the Jardine Matheson Group. A statement of the conditions and an application form are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room. Printed copies of the form are available by post (please contact the University Library). An electronic version can also be found at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf.
Records described in the catalogue as being in a bad condition are in a fragile state that precludes them being made available to readers.
Access to some records may be restricted under the terms of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
2 file(s) (2 ring-binders)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Received from Matheson & Co. Ltd, London, 14 December 2012.
Existence and Location of Copies
Copies of the letters can be found in J4/11 (1949-1954) and J4/16 (1955).
- Aucott, Ian Frank, 1916-1991 (businessman)
- Gordon, Robert, 1900-1965 (businessman)
- Keswick, Sir John Henry, 1906-1982 (Knight, businessman)
- Landale, David Fortune, 1905-1970 (businessman)
- Pollock, Frederick Arthur, b 1899 (businessman)
- Railton, Manning Leonard, 1895-1962 (businessman)
- Watts, Erik Francis, 1904-1984 (businessman)
- From the Fonds: Jardine, Matheson and Co. Ltd (Organization)
Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository
Cambridge University Library
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom
Map Dept enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
all other enquiries: email@example.com