Private and confidential letters from Shanghai to London, 10 Sep. 1945-9 May 1950
Scope and Contents
Original private and confidential letters from Jardine Matheson, Shanghai, to Matheson & Co. Ltd, London, with enclosed letters and papers:
1. Nos 1-8 from R. Gordon and F.A. Pollock to J.H. Keswick, 10 September-23 November 1945.
2. Nos 9-31 from J.H. Keswick to W.J. Keswick, 18 February-28 December 1946.
3. Nos 32-63 from J.H. Keswick (mainly) and F.A. Pollock to W.E.D. Smith and (mainly) W.J. Keswick, 7 January-19 November 1947.
4. Nos 64-72 from J.H. Keswick and F.A. Pollock to W.J. Keswick, 20 January-24 December 1948.
5. Nos 1-6 from J.H. Keswick to W.J. Keswick, 12 January-21 October 1949.
6. Nos 7-14 from J.H. Keswick to W.J. Keswick, 4 February-9 May 1950.
The folder is labelled 'File I'.
- 10 Sep. 1945-9 May 1950
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is subject to special conditions and is at the discretion of Matheson & Co. Ltd, part of the Jardine Matheson Group. A statement of the conditions and an application form are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room. Printed copies of the form are available by post (please contact the University Library). An electronic version can also be found at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf.
Records described in the catalogue as being in a bad condition are in a fragile state that precludes them being made available to readers.
Access to some records may be restricted under the terms of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
1 file(s) (1 ring-binder)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Received from Matheson & Co. Ltd, London, 14 December 2012
Existence and Location of Copies
J4/13/1-3 and J4/14 contain copies of the letters.