Private and confidential letters from London to Shanghai, 3 Oct. 1945-23 Aug. 1950
Scope and Contents
Copies of private and confidential letters from W.J. Keswick, Matheson & Co. Ltd, London, to Jardine Matheson, Shanghai, with enclosed letters and papers:
1. Nos 1-7 to R. Gordon and F.A. Pollock, 3 October-28 November 1945.
2. Nos 8-36 to J.H. Keswick (mainly) and H.H. Lennox, 7 January-27 December 1946.
3. Nos 37-87 to J.H. Keswick, 3 January-29 October 1947.
4. Nos 88-96 to J.H. Keswick and F.A. Pollock, 14 January-21 December 1948.
5. Nos 97-118 to J.H. Keswick, 3 February-28 December 1949.
6. Nos 119-124 to J.H. Keswick, 13 January-23 August 1950.
The ring-binder is labelled 'File I'.
- 3 Oct. 1945-23 Aug. 1950
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is subject to special conditions and is at the discretion of Matheson & Co. Ltd, part of the Jardine Matheson Group. A statement of the conditions and an application form are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room. Printed copies of the form are available by post (please contact the University Library). An electronic version can also be found at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf.
Records described in the catalogue as being in a bad condition are in a fragile state that precludes them being made available to readers.
Access to some records may be restricted under the terms of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
1 file(s) (1 ring-binder)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Received from Matheson & Co. Ltd, London, 14 December 2012.
Existence and Location of Copies
J4/13/1-3 and J4/14 contain copies of most of the private and confidential letters.