Private and confidential and personal correspondence between Hong Kong and Singapore, 1954-1956
Scope and Contents
Private and confidential correspondence between Jardine Matheson, Hong Kong, and Henry Waugh & Co. Ltd, Singapore, with related letters and papers. There are also personal letters and telegrams exchanged between Hong Kong and Singapore. The correspondents are H.D.M. Barton, D.I. Bosanquet, D.C. Geddes, R. Gordon, F.M.V. Johnstone, J.H. Keswick, L.E.C. Letts, E.F. Watts and H.A. Waugh.
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is subject to special conditions and is at the discretion of Matheson & Co. Ltd, part of the Jardine Matheson Group. A statement of the conditions and an application form are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room. Printed copies of the form are available by post (please contact the University Library). An electronic version can also be found at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf.
Records described in the catalogue as being in a bad condition are in a fragile state that precludes them being made available to readers.
Access to some records may be restricted under the terms of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
3 volume(s) (3 volumes)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Received from Matheson & Co. Ltd, London, 29 September 2011.
- Barton, Hugh David MacEwen, 1911-1989 (businessman)
- Bosanquet, David Ives, 1914-1988 (businessman)
- Geddes, David Campbell, 1917-1995 (businessman)
- Gordon, Robert, 1900-1965 (businessman)
- Jardine Matheson Holdings (SEA) Ltd
- Johnstone, Fitzroy Montague Veitch, b 1922 (businessman)
- Keswick, Sir John Henry, 1906-1982 (Knight, businessman)
- Watts, Erik Francis, 1904-1984 (businessman)