Accounting and related papers, 1798-1969 (with some photocopies made in 1983)
Scope and Contents
This series contains accounts of Jardine Matheson, & Co. Ltd, its subsidiaries and associated firms, and other business records, including reports and minutes. The series is divided into three main sections:
1. A1-6 contain the principal accounting records of Jardine Matheson, including the records of Magniac and Co. and its predecessors.
2. A7-8 contain miscellaneous material not relating directly to the main series.
3. A9 contains later accounts, reports and other papers, dating mainly from the post-war period.
- 1798-1969 (with some photocopies made in 1983)
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is subject to special conditions and is at the discretion of Matheson & Co. Ltd, part of the Jardine Matheson Group. A statement of the conditions and an application form are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room. Printed copies of the form are available by post (please contact the University Library). An electronic version can also be found at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf.
Records described in the catalogue as being in a bad condition are in a fragile state that precludes them being made available to readers.
Access to some records may be restricted under the terms of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
1 collection (36½ bays (c. 20 cubic metres))
Language of Materials
The initial arrangement of this series was established between 1935, when the collection was deposited, and 1957, when Miss N.M. Bartlett ceased work on the papers. A9 was created subsequently for accessions of more modern records received from 2011 onwards.
Other Finding Aids
Catalogues of A1-A7 and A8 are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room.
- From the Fonds: Jardine, Matheson and Co. Ltd (Organization)
Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository
Cambridge University Library
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom
Map Dept enquiries: email@example.com
all other enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org