Skip to main content

Remains of antiquity in the county of Suffolk, 1813

 File
Reference Code: GBR/0012/MS Hengrave 79/2

Scope and Contents

[p.5] Spear heads of iron found in the tumulus at Barrow Bottom; [p.18] Horningsherth Church; [p.21] Details, window tracery, monument, etc., 26 AUG 1813; [p.22] Details, monuments, brass matrix, low-side window, 26 AUG 1813; [p.25] Horningsherth Church, porch; [p.28] Coats of arms, 26 AUG 1813; [p.39] Ickworth Church; [p.42] Details, windows, niches, piscina; [p.47] Coats of arms; [p.68] Lackford Church; [p.70] Sketch of monument to John Larmouth, 1621; [p.71] Details, window tracery, carved fragments; [p.72] Details, piscina and sedilia, font, floreated crosses; [p.73] Sketch of arms on tomb of Thomas Wale, 1679; [p.75] Paste-down court roll of John Gedding, 11 SEP 1466; seal of Gedding, watercolour; [p.79] Nowton Church; [p.80] Details, monument, door arches, window tracery; [p.81] Coats of arms; [p.87] Reed Church, 24 JUL 1813; [p.88] Details, carved heads, stained glass, piscina, etc.; [p.96] Risby, bell inscription; [p.97] Risby Church, 19 JUL 1813; [p.100] Risby, interior looking east, 17 SEP 1813; [p.103] Details, carved heads, window tracery, piscina, font, etc., 17 SEP 1813; [p.105] Seal of John Hacke, watercolour; [p.106] Paste-down, indenture signed Henry Doyley, 14 MAR 1575; [p.109] Seals and arms; [p.114] Great Saxham Church; [p.117] Details, door, window opening, coats of arms; [p.122] South front of Saxham Hall burnt down 1779; [p.125] Monument of John Eldred, 27 AUG n.y.; [p.130] Little Saxham, bell inscriptions; [p.131] Little Saxham Church; [p.132] Details, window tracery, arches, gargoyles, etc.; [p.135] Details, niches, arched open- ings, etc.; [p.138] Monument of Lucas; coats of arms; [p.141] Monument of Lord Crofts; [p.144] Monument, coats of arms, etc.; [p.147] Coats of arms; [p.150] Coats of arms; [p.153] Little Saxham Church; [p.154] Coats of arms; [p.157] Genealogy of Lucas; [p.158] Genealogy of Crofts; [p.163] Westley Church; [p.166] Details, win- dow tracery, capital and arch, font, coat of arms, etc.; [p.176] Whepstead Church; [p.179] Details, monument, window tracery, coats of arms, font, floreated cross matrix.

Dates

  • Creation: 1813

Creator

Conditions Governing Access

From the Fonds:

Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact mss@lib.cam.ac.uk. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).

Extent

1 volume(s) (1 volume)

Language of Materials

English

Repository Details

Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository

Contact:
Cambridge University Library
West Road
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom