Remains of antiquity in the county of Suffolk, 1813
Scope and Contents
[79/1] Unless noted otherwise, illustrations are by Sir Thomas Gage, and are pen and / or watercolour. Pages renumbered: only pages used are counted. [p.9] MS map of Thingoe Hundred, pen and colour wash, by Robert Rushbrooke; [p.11] Babwell Priory, 25 MAY 1813; [p.18] Barrow Church, 10 MAY 1813; [p.19] In- scription on brass to Edmund Butt (d.1544); [p.21] Ornaments in Barrow Church [Sir Clement Heigham monument, window tracery, 10 MAY [1813]; [p.24] At Barrow Church [piscina, S aisle arcaded openings, angel, font]; [p.29] Cottage at Barrow, 24 JUN 1813; [p.32] Effigy of Sir Clement Heigham from his monument; tombstone of John Crosyer, 24 JUN 1813; [p.35] Arms of Sir Clement Heigham; [p.41] Brockley Church, 17 JUL 1812 and 16 JUL 1813; [p.42] Tracery details, carved buttress letters, etc., 17 JUL 1813; [p.49] Chevington Church, 22 JUL 1813; [p.52] Door, Chevington Church, 22 JUL 1813; [p.55] Details, monument, carved figures on seats, inscription on beam, chest, etc., 22 JUL 1813; [p.58] Flempton Church, 30 AUG 1817; [p.61] Clerical subsidy receipts for Robert Crippes, incumbent of Flempton, 1594-95; [p.64] Details, coats of arms, piscina, window tracery, key, etc., 30 AUG 1817; [p.71] Plan of Fornham All Saints, inscription on bell); [p.72] Fornham All Saints, 14 SEP 1813; [p.75] Details, lettering on aisle battlements, window tracery, etc., 14 SEP 1813; [p.78] Details, brasses, niche, arms, etc., 14 SEP 1813; [p.81] Effigy of Thomas Barwick, M.D., 14 SEP 1813; [p.92] Hargrave Church, 3 AUG 1813; [p.93] Details, windows, niches, carved beasts, etc., 3 AUG 1813; [p.100] Hengrave Church, n.d.; [p.107] Gen- ealogy of Kytson; [p.110] Details, Hengrave Church, battlements, windows, inscrip- tion, n.d; [p.113] Door of Hengrave Church, n.d.; [p.114] Ornaments on the door of Hengrave Church, n.d.; [p.123] Monument of Thomas Lord Darcy, n.d.; [p.130] Details, window tracery, monumental and east window inscriptions, n.d.; [p.133] Ancient fresco painting over north door in Hengrave Church, n.d.; [pp.144-146,149] Coats of arms from cloister windows, Hengrave Hall, drawn by John Pizey, 1748; [pp.150-151,154-157,160] Arms on Lord Darcy's monument, Lord Fitzwarren's, Kyt- son, etc., by John Pizey, 1748; [p.171] Print of Hengrave Hall 'the seat of Sir Thomas Gage', n.d.; [p.172] Print of entrance, by William Woolnoth for Architectural antiquit- ies of Great Britain; [p.175] Plan of Hengrave estate, 1588, drawn by TG; ground plan of Hall in TG's time; [p.182] Interior court of Hengrave Hall
Dates
- Creation: 1813
Creator
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact mss@lib.cam.ac.uk. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
Extent
1 volume(s) (1 volume)
Language of Materials
English
Repository Details
Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository
Cambridge University Library
West Road
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom
Map Dept enquiries: maps@lib.cam.ac.uk
all other enquiries: mss@lib.cam.ac.uk