Cricket and tennis, 1927-1968
Scope and Contents
Folder 1 = correspondence. Meynell's correspondents include George Argent (1937), John Arlott (1953), Herbert Farjeon (1930), David Garnett (1930), Colin Hardie (1949), M. J. Hawkins (1958), Michael Hornby (1930-1944), Eric Partridge (ca. 1949), Herbert Simon (1949, 1968), J. C. Squire (1927), Stanley Unwin (1929), Pelham Warner (1952) Folder 2 = Notes, printed ephemera, and clippings.
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
2 folder(s) (2 folders)
Language of Materials
- Arlott, Leslie Thomas John, 1914-1991 (writer and broadcaster)
- Farjeon, Herbert, 1887-1945 (author, critic and theatrical manager)
- Hardie, Colin Graham, 1906-1998 (classical scholar)
- Partridge, Eric Honeywood, 1894-1979 (author, lexicographer)
- Simon, Herbert, 1898-1974 (printer)
- Unwin, Sir Stanley, 1884-1968 (Knight, publisher)
- From the Fonds: Meynell, Sir Francis Meredith Wilfrid, 1891-1975 (Knight, publisher and poet) (Person)