'Photocopy of significant extracts from a very important file of notes by L.F.R. for possible second edition of "Weather Prediction by Numerical Process"
Scope and Contents
Notes and Drafts is comprised of notes and designs for meteorological instruments, 1916-20; notes on visits to Bergen, 1920-21, and Danzig, 1939; drafts on psychology, 1940s; lectures on differential equations; notes on experiments on angular motion; and notes on 'The geostrophic wind', 'Dynamical meteorology', and 'Barometric gradient and wind speed'.
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
Language of Materials
- Chree, Charles, 1860-1928 (astronomer)
- Dines, William Henry, 1855-1927 (Meteorologist)
- Jeffreys, Sir Harold, 1891-1989 (Knight, geophysicist)
- Lamb, Hubert Horace, 1913-1997 (meteorologist)
- Shaw, Sir William Napier, 1854-1945 (Knight, meteorologist)
- Simpson, Sir George Clarke, 1878-1965 (Knight, meteorologist)
- Sutcliffe, Reginald Cockcroft, 1904-1991 (meteorologist)
- Taylor, Sir Geoffrey Ingram, 1886-1975 (Knight, physicist)
- Whipple, Francis John Welsh, 1876-1943 (meteorologist)
- From the Fonds: Richardson, Lewis Fry, 1881-1953 (mathematician and pacifist) (Person)
Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository
Cambridge University Library
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom
Map Dept enquiries: email@example.com
all other enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org