Correspondents M, 1935-1962
Scope and Contents
Hassall died intestate. His working papers were taken to the Royal Society of Literature by his assistant Gillian Paterson, who arranged and (presumably) listed them. They were bought by CUL from Bloomsbury Book Auctions in 1992. They were housed in paper box files 1 25 and cartons A D, as listed. They have now been re boxed, in 28 boxes and one packet, which has involved some reorganisation of the material and hence some rearrangement and re numbering of the original list.
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
Language of Materials
- Masefield, John Edward, 1878-1967 (poet)
- Maugham, William Somerset, 1874-1965 (novelist and playwright)
- Miles, Bernard James, 1907-1991 (1st Baron Miles, actor, writer and director)
- Moore, Thomas Sturge, 1870-1944 (writer and wood engraver)
- Morgan, Charles Langbridge, 1894-1958 (novelist and journalist)
- Morrell, Lady Ottoline Violet Anne, 1873-1938 (née Cavendish-Bentinck, hostess and literary patron)
- Moult, Thomas, 1893-1974 (poet)
- Munby, Alan Noel Latimer, 1913-1974 (librarian, bibliographer, historian and book collector)
- Murry, John Middleton, 1889-1957 (writer and journal editor)
- From the Fonds: Hassall, Christopher Vernon, 1912-1963 (writer and librettist) (Person)