'Diary 1882-1900', 1882-1900
Scope and Contents
Made up at a later date [1932?] in a blank foolscap volume. Contains two manuscript entries for 20 December 1893 and 23 January 1894 (apparently recording ATB's change of schools); several pages from ATB's pocket diaries of 1896 and 1897; a playbill for The Mikado (January 1897); and a series of original letters to and from ATB or his mother (1898-1900), concerning the finding of employment for ATB, with lists of the letters and covering notes by ATB (1914 and 1932).
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
Language of Materials
- Bowes, Robert, 1835-1919 (bookseller and publisher)
- Garnett, Richard, 1835-1906 (librarian and author)
- Heffer, W., & Sons Ltd.
- Jenkinson, Francis John Henry, 1853-1923 (librarian)
- Nicholson, Edward Williams Byron, 1849-1912 (librarian)
- Tedder, Henry Richard, 1850-1924 (librarian)
- Unwin, Thomas Fisher, 1848-1935 (publisher)
- From the Fonds: Bartholomew, Augustus Theodore, 1882-1933 (librarian) (Person)