Correspondence between Linfoot and the Astronomer Royal and others re: Isaac Newton Telescope; Isaac Newton Observatory Board of Management papers and other committee papers, 1947-1959 (Circa)
Scope and Contents
In 1946 Linfoot entered an agreement with Grubb Parsons to act as a consultant in astronomical designs. He was to assist 'by technical advice on computation and the arrangement of optical systems for astronomical instruments' and 'by practical advice and quality assessment in the testing and manufacture of astronomical systems'. In 1950 he reached a separate consultancy agreement with Grubb Parsons in respect of their undertaking the manufacture of the optical parts for the Isaac Newton reflecting telescope.
- 1947-1959 (Circa)
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
Language of Materials
- Atkinson, Robert d'Escourt, 1898-1982 (astronomer, physicist and inventor)
- Burch, Cecil Reginald, 1901-1983 (physicist and engineer)
- Jones, Sir Harold Spencer, 1890-1960 (Knight, astronomer)
- Plaskett, Harry Hemley, 1893-1980 (astronomer)
- Redman, Richard, d 1505 (Bishop of Ely)
- Wynne, Charles Gorrie, 1911-1999 (lens designer)
- From the Fonds: Linfoot, Edward Hubert, 1905-1982 (mathematician and astronomer) (Person)