Copies of Papers concerning the Publication of Flamsteed's Historiae Coelestis, c 1880 (Original letters dated from 23 January 1704/5 to 19 July 1708.)
Scope and Contents
The Portsmouth Collection is the principal collection of Isaac Newton's scientific and mathematical papers, including early drafts of the Principia, and his correspondence with Oldenburg, Halley Flamsteed and many of the other most prominent scientists of his day.
- c 1880 (Original letters dated from 23 January 1704/5 to 19 July 1708.)
Conditions Governing Access
Unlike the rest of the collection, Add. 4007 has not been microfilmed, and is therefore available on request to those eligible to view manuscripts in the manuscripts reading room.
13 folio(s) (ff.13 paper) : paper
Language of Materials
- Arbuthnot, John, ? 1667-1735 (physician and satirist)
- Flamsteed, John, 1646-1719 (astronomer)
- George, 1653-1708 (prince of Denmark and duke of Cumberland, consort of Queen Anne)
- Gregory, David, 1659-1708 (astronomer and mathematician)
- Robartes, Francis, 1650-1718 (politician and natural philosopher)
- Wren, Sir Christopher, 1632-1723 (Knight, architect, mathematician and astronomer)