Scope and Contents
360 x 265 mm. A view looking towards the railway bridge over the River Ashley, taken from the river side. Additional information on the caption states: ‘trunk line north of Canterbury. Total length 3055 feet, comprising 50 spans 60 feet, two of 14 feet 6 inches, and two of 13 feet. The contract was let on the 17th February 1873. Bridge opened for traffic on 17th March, 1875, cost about £26, 500, and footway, £1, 278. Designed by John Carruthers Esq, Engineer in Chief of New Zealand, and built by E.G. Wright, Esq, Contractor’.
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact email@example.com. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).