Skip to main content

Dunedin about 1860, 1860

Reference Code: GBR/0115/RCS/Y3089B/3

Scope and Contents

195 x 144 mm. A similar view to Y3089B/2, and showing the building that has taken place in two years. The most conspicuous new constructions visible here are the two stone buildings at the nearer end of Princes Street. The one on the left, only half completed, is the Medical Hall. Behind it and near the fence, what looks like a greenhouse roof, is, according to Hardwicke Knight (‘Photography in New Zealand’, p 45) the skylight of the studio of the Dunedin photographer, James Wilson. Probably by William Meluish.


  • Creation: 1860


Conditions Governing Access

From the Fonds:

Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (

Language of Materials


Finding aid date

2015-05-20 12:43:03+00:00

Includes index.

Repository Details

Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository

Cambridge University Library
West Road
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom