[The Crawford Market, Bombay], 1890 - 1899
Scope and Contents
205 x 243 mm. View of the entrance and clocktower of the Crawford Market, situated on a triangular plot of land bounded by the Carnac, Paltan and Esplanade Roads. Designed by (Sir) William Emerson and built between 1867 and 1869, the market is named after Arthur Crawford (Municipal Commissioner 1865-71). The Friezes above the arches on the corner of the building were the work of Lockwood Kipling.
- 1890 - 1899
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
Language of Materials
Finding aid date
Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository
Cambridge University Library
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom
Map Dept enquiries: email@example.com
all other enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org