The Mall, from Talbot House [Simla], 1860 - 1869
Scope and Contents
298 x 241 mm. View looking eastwards along the Mall, Simla's main street, towards bungalows perched on the hillside among the pines. Talbot House was the Bourne and Shepherd studio in Simla in the 1860s. For a view of the building, see Edward J. Burk, 'Simla past and present' (Calcutta, 1904), p , 152. Bourne no. 1807.
Dates
- Creation: 1860 - 1869
Creator
- From the Fonds: Marion and Co (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact mss@lib.cam.ac.uk. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
Language of Materials
English
Date information
DateText: Probably dates from the mid 1860s..
Originator(s)
Bourne, Samuel, 1834-1912, photographer
Finding aid date
2011-01-12 11:22:42+00:00
Repository Details
Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository
Cambridge University Library
West Road
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom
Map Dept enquiries: maps@lib.cam.ac.uk
all other enquiries: mss@lib.cam.ac.uk