Skip to main content

Bishop's Palace, 1880 - 1889

Reference Code: GBR/0115/RCS/Y3022BB/54

Scope and Contents

151x97mm. View looking N. along Chowringhee Road, with the main facade of the Bishop's Palace in the right foreground. This substantial mansion, with its hexastyle Ionic portico and colonnade raised on a rusticated arcade, was at one time the property of William Wilberforce Bird and was purchased for the church by Bishop Wilson in 1849, (Massey p.112).


  • Creation: 1880 - 1889


Conditions Governing Access

From the Fonds:

Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (

Language of Materials


Date information

DateText: The date is approximate..

Finding aid date

2011-03-04 12:11:21+00:00

Includes index.

Repository Details

Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository

Cambridge University Library
West Road
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom