The Bengal Club, present day, 1918
Scope and Contents
198x123mm. View looking across General's Tank and Chowringhee Road towards the W. facade of the new Bengal Club premises. The four storey building has arcaded verandahs and domes at the two corners and centre. Six Ionic columns running through two storeys support a heavy entablature above the porte cochere in front of the main entrance. The building stands on the site of the old Clubhouse and was designed by Vincent Esch and constructed by Bengal Stone Company. It was opened in 1911, (Massey p.111).
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
Language of Materials
DateText: The date is approximate..
Bourne and Shepherd
Finding aid date