The New Market, Calcutta, 1918
Scope and Contents
205x147mm. View of the Lindsay Street frontage of the New Market, opened in 1874, showing the polychrome brick facade of the main (south) entrance with its pinnacles and turrets. Although generally known as the New Market, its more formal title was the Sir Stuart Hogg Market, named after the Chairman of the Calcutta Municipality, (Massey p.96).
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
Language of Materials
DateText: The date is approximate..
Bourne and Shepherd
Finding aid date
Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository
Cambridge University Library
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom
Map Dept enquiries: email@example.com
all other enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org