Skip to main content

[Premises of T.E. Thomson & Co. Ltd., Esplanade Row East], 1918

Reference Code: GBR/0115/RCS/Y3022BB/6

Scope and Contents

299x147mm. Showing the two storey premises of T.E. Thomson & Co. Ltd., a long low building with pedimented windows, and cast-iron balcony and verandah. Employees are posed in front of the building. This firm of mechanical engineers, ironmongers and motor car and cycle agents was established in 1820 on the site later occupied by the Great Eastern Hotel (see Y3022AA/44-47). It moved to the site at 9 Esplanade Row East in 1853 and these refurbished buildings were completed in 1905. (Photographer unknown, probably Johnston and Hoffman).


  • Creation: 1918

Conditions Governing Access

From the Fonds:

Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (

Language of Materials


Date information

DateText: The date is approximate..

Finding aid date

2011-03-03 15:04:20+00:00

Includes index.

Repository Details

Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository

Cambridge University Library
West Road
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom