The Foreign Office and Curzon Gardens, showing tramway junction and shelter, 1918
Scope and Contents
294x208mm. A view from the Ochterlony Monument looking N. over the Curson Gardens towards Esplanade Row East and the northern sections of the city. Along Esplanade Row can be seen WaIter Locke & Co., the Foreign and Military Secretariat, Morrison & Cottle and T.E. Thomson & Co. At the extreme right of the print is the junction of Esplanade Row East with Chowringhee Road, where the musjid erected by Prince Gholam Muhammad in 1842 can be partly seen. The Curzon Gardens are situated on the Maidan in front of the Foreign Office, with the tramway terminus at the right. These gardens were built over the old Dhurrumtollah Tank which was filled in in the early years of the 20th century. For a view of the same area in the 1860s, see Y3022BB/7, (Massey p.97).
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
Language of Materials
DateText: The date is approximate..
Bourne and Shepherd
Finding aid date