National Bank, 1905, 1905
Scope and Contents
277x338mm. View of the National Bank of India at the corner of Clive Street and Fairlie Place. The bank is a three storey brick building with pediments supported by Corinthian columns on the E. and S. facades, and a tower above the main entrance on the near corner. Established as the Calcutta City Banking Corporation in 1863, its name was altered to the National Bank of India in the following year. The original premises were in Council House Street and moved to the site seen here in 1902. Further extensions along Fairlie Place and Clive Street were made in 1914. These, together with a view of the interior of the bank, are illustrated in Playne pp.174-175. Photographer unknown, probably Johnston and Hoffman.
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
Language of Materials
DateText: The date is approximate..
Finding aid date