Skip to main content

McLeod & Co. new premises, Dalhousie Square W, 1918

Reference Code: GBR/0115/RCS/Y3022AA/23

Scope and Contents

296x226mm. View of McLeod House at 28 Dalhousie Square West. The four storey office block is heavily rusticated on all floors, with the main facade broken by a massive order of Roman Ionic attached columns which run through three storeys. McLeod House was completed in 1917 on the site of the former Mercantile Bank, the firm having previously occupied premises at 31 Dalhousie Square. Founded by C.C. (later Sir Charles) McLeod in 1889, and originally operating from premises in Mangoe Lane, the business had extensive interests in jute mills, collieries, tea gardens and railways, (Massey p.88).


  • Creation: 1918


Conditions Governing Access

From the Fonds:

Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (

Language of Materials


Date information

DateText: The date is approximate..

Finding aid date

2011-01-21 14:33:40+00:00

Includes index.

Repository Details

Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository

Cambridge University Library
West Road
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom