Prarnbanan - The Thousand Temples near Djokjakarta, 1870 - 1900
Scope and Contents
247 x 185 mm. View of part of the overgrown ruins of the 7th century temples at Prambanan, situated some 24 miles south east of Borobudur. Formerly known as Mendang Kamular, the temples were built by Indian architects and artists who had emigrated from Gujerat under the leadership of Maharaja Adiraja Adityandhama at the end of the 6th century AD.
- 1870 - 1900
- Woodbury and Page (fl. 1858-1900) (photographers) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
Language of Materials
DateText: The date is approximate..
Finding aid date