Skip to main content

The old building, 1886 - 1989

Reference Code: GBR/0115/RCS/RCS/Ilb

Scope and Contents

This section contains impressions of the first headquarters, and of the exterior and interior of the headquarters of the Royal Colonial Institute/Royal Empire Society which opened in 1885 and was demolished in 1934.


  • Creation: 1886 - 1989

Conditions Governing Access

From the Fonds:

Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (


30 item(s) (30 images)

Language of Materials


Date information

DateText: The dates are approximate..

Finding aid date

2012-01-19 09:50:01+00:00

Repository Details

Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository

Cambridge University Library
West Road
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom