Copy of a letter concerning chronometers for HMS Gloucester and listing the top four chronometers from the last annual trials, 1826-05-02
Scope and Contents
Copies of outgoing correspondence from Astronomer Royal, John Pond, and his assistant, Thomas Taylor, at the Royal Observatory. Some of the letters are addressed to chronometer makers. Note that correspondence to more than one person often appears on the same page.
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact email@example.com. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
1 folio(s) (1 folio) : Paper
Language of Materials
Finding aid date
- French, James Moore, fl1808 - 1842 (chronometer maker)
- G and R Cathro, watchmakers
- Granges, Peter Des, fl1784 - 1842 (watchmaker)
- HMS Gloucester, ship of the line (1812-1884)
- McCabe, James, 1811 (chronometer and watch maker)
- Molyneux and Sons, clock and watch makers
- Widenham, Richard, fl1825 - 1840 (chronometer maker)